Effective Ways to Get Rid of 855-671-6018 Pop-up Scam
Zapped by the pop-up that claims ‘Computer infected! Call 855-671-6018‘, you should know that your computer has been invaded by some kind of adware or PUP coming along with cost-free programs or other online files. You may have problems surfing the internet smoothly since this scam (whether it resembles the layout of BSoD or disguises itself as an official warning from Microsoft support) struggles with you for the command of the browser.
It is so annoying that 1 (855) 671-6018 alert locks up your screen and you need to end the browser processes via launching Task Manager. You have sound reasons to drive away this casual visitor:
* It is a browser modifier making change to your browser stealthily.
* It activates malicious java script code, causing limited internet connection randomly.
* It displays deceptive messages, making an effort at playing a trick on you.
* It runs interference for the malicious and then other threats can infiltrate your device.
* It degrades computer performance level and makes almost everything go downhill.
The number 855-671-6018 is not operated by Microsoft technician. It is used by the swindlers behind to promote their untrustworthy services or products. You should never be taken in. If you fall into such trap and call the given number, you may expose yourself to a salesman who attempts to pass himself off as a certified engineer seeking chance to access your device remotely. To avoid unnecessary issues, you should take scam removal action speedily.
STEP 1: Remove 855-671-6018 alert from Windows/Mac
In this step, you need to locate and uninstall scam related or any other malicious program installed stealthily.
On Windows 10/8:
Right-click the Start button (or Open Win+X Power menu), tap on Control Panel
click Uninstall a program as shown in the picture below.
Right-click on the program that you want to remove from your Windows and then click Uninstall button.
On Windows 7/Vista/XP:
Click on Start >> Control Panel >> Programs; locate any suspicious program and Uninstall it
Go to the Launchpad, search for suspicious application, click and hold its icon with your mouse button to continue.
STEP 2: Reset your browser settings to get rid of 855-671-6018 alert
- Click Chrome menu -> Settings to get chrome://settings/ page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the setting page and click Show advanced settings
- Scroll down to the bottom once again and click Reset Settings
- Open Firefox -> choose Help -> choose Troubleshooting information
- Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want it back to default.
- Click Tool -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset to get the Reset IE settings tab
- Select Delete personal settings, click Reset button.
- Open your Safari browser from the dock
- Click on Safari in your Safari menu at the top of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled “Reset Safari…”
If you fail to locate the malware from the list of your Programs/Applications, you could think about using a removal tool for help.
STEP 3: Remove 855-671-6018 alert with security tool SpyHunter or MacKeeper automatically
For Win OS: Use SpyHunter to help you
SpyHunter will not only protect your PC from the latest malware attacks by detecting and removing all traces of threats (including worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more) with industry-leading technology, but also provide technical support and custom fixes for hard-to-kill malware.
a) Click the icon below to download the free scanner SpyHunter
b) Run SpyHunter to scan your computer for the target malware. It might take some time to finish the scanning process. Just be patient.
c) Once the program finishes scanning, you could consider registering for a paid version SpyHunter to completely fix this scam issue.
For Mac OS: MacKeeper is recommended
MacKeeper – a choice of millions and the best application for Mac. It can help you protect and maintain you system by offering different features such as Mac Security, Data Control, Cleaning, Optimization. Click the following icon to get the safeguard now!
With its Geek on Demand feature, you could contact an operator for asking technical related questions or troubleshooting other problems.
Your computer should be free from 855-671-6018 tech support scam now. Since experienced skills are always required during manual removal, we recommend that you keep SpyHunter or MacKeeper installed on your system and perform regular computer scans, just in case.