How to Get Rid of Error Code: 062-050-117 Fake Warning? – Cure for Pop-up Scam
Error Code: 062-050-117 alert pop-up is so annoying that keeps displaying a message reading:
‘ERROR CODE : 062-050-117
WARNING: Your system has critical security vulnerabilities
Attention: your personal emails, bank and other personal passwords, as well as credit call information are at risk!
Multiple high risk infections detected, call tech support right away: 0-800-098-8835 (Toll-FREE, high priority Call Line)’
Are you going to take the points on this warning? You should not be taken in! This fake system alert designed to cause distress is try its best to trick you into making the call and help the swindlers behind to promote their so-called tech support service or products.
Why is Error Code: 062-050-117 Pop-up Removal Needed?
1) Error Code: 062-050-117 Ad is capable of altering your browser settings (such as startpage, new tab page etc) stealthily.
2) It keeps displaying bogus alert and freezing your screen, tending to trick you into contacting the number provided.
3) It may come along with superfluous extensions, with which you will get a bombardment of pop-ups and Ads flooding your browser.
4) It may trigger system flaws, via which cyber hackers will be able to manipulate your computer remotely.
5) It might run interference and allow other malicious programs to make your system vulnerable.
To avoid potential damage, you are advised to expunge this nuisance timely.
STEP 1: Remove Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up from Windows/Mac
In this step, you need to locate and uninstall Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up related or any other malicious program installed stealthily.
On Windows 10/8:
Right-click the Start button (or Open Win+X Power menu), tap on Control Panel
click Uninstall a program as shown in the picture below.
Right-click on the program that you want to remove from your Windows and then click Uninstall button.
On Windows 7/Vista/XP:
Click on Start >> Control Panel >> Programs; locate any suspicious program and Uninstall it
Go to the Launchpad, search for suspicious application, click and hold its icon with your mouse button to continue.
STEP 2: Reset your browser settings to get rid of Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up hijacker
- Click Chrome menu -> Settings to get chrome://settings/ page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the setting page and click Show advanced settings
- Scroll down to the bottom once again and click Reset Settings
- Open Firefox -> choose Help -> choose Troubleshooting information
- Click on Reset Firefox. Choose Reset Firefox again to make sure that you want it back to default.
- Click Tool -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset to get the Reset IE settings tab
- Select Delete personal settings, click Reset button.
- Open your Safari browser from the dock
- Click on Safari in your Safari menu at the top of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled “Reset Safari…”
If you fail to locate the malware from the list of your Programs/Applications, you could think about using a removal tool for help.
STEP 3: Remove Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up automatically
For Win OS: Use SpyHunter to remove Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up
SpyHunter will not only protect your PC from the latest malware attacks by detecting and removing all traces of threats (including worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more) with industry-leading technology, but also provide technical support and custom fixes for hard-to-kill malware.
a) Click the icon below to download the free scanner SpyHunter
b) Run SpyHunter to scan your computer for the target malware. It might take some time to finish the scanning process. Just be patient.
c) Once the program finishes scanning, you could consider registering for a paid version SpyHunter to completely fix Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up issue.
For Mac OS: Use MacKeeper to remove Error Code: 062-050-117 pop-up
MacKeeper – a choice of millions and the best application for Mac. It can help you protect and maintain you system by offering different features such as Mac Security, Data Control, Cleaning, Optimization. Click the following icon to get the safeguard now!
With its Geek on Demand feature, you could contact an operator for asking technical related questions or troubleshooting other problems.
Your computer should be free from Error Code 062-050-117 scam now. Since experienced skills are always required during manual removal, we recommend that you keep SpyHunter or MacKeeper installed on your system and perform regular computer scans, just in case.